Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This post targets those who are pursuing a field of work they love. I am a musician. Last week I had some dental problems from an old root canal that put me on the "injured list" as far as paying my trumpet goes. In a way, it was a good break, because I had been playing alot lately and probably been losing sight of why I'm here in the first place - the love for music.
Anyway, I got pretty bored when I couldn't play. I had alot more free time since I couldn't practice, which allowed me to catch up on stuff I had been putting off. But on the other hand, I didn't know how long it would be until I could play again, and if it ended up being anything serious, I would be out of here because my scholarship would expire. So it was kind of stressful. I am also majoring in math, which was looking more and more like the best choice so I wouldn't have to constantly be worrying about when I could play again.
It ended up being alot smaller of a problem than I had first thought, so everything turned out okay. But if you take a second to think about why your doing what your doing -whatever it is- it can help you realize whether your doing the right thing or not. It made me see how even with the stress of always worrying about teeth issues along with tons of other stuff that can block a musicians career, it is still worth it. Sometimes I guess you don't know how much you depend on something until it is unavailable.

No comments: